- In general, it is recommended that you hand-wash your clothing with neutral soap and cold or lukewarm water. Let the garment soak for 10 minutes before rinsing.
- If you prefer to use the machine, wash on delicate cycle with cold water.
- It is always best if you turn your garment inside out when washing.
- Clothing that is dyed with natural dyes will alter in colour over time.
- Always hang to dry.
- To remove wrinkles, garments can be steamed (preferable) or ironed. For more delicate fabrics (i.e. silk), you can lay a thin cotton sheet overtop to protect the fabric.
- Spraying perfumes directly onto your clothing - some of the oils can stain your garment.
- Deodorant can stain garments as well - let it completely dry before putting your clothes on.
Avoid wearing your handcrafted jewellery in water and do not store in a humid area. Use a polishing cloth regularly to shine your brass, gold, or silver. When not in use, it is ideal for you to store in an airtight box or bag in order to prevent them from oxidizing.
Brass, bronze and silver are metals that naturally develop patina over time. One can find beauty in this evolving process, the same way imperfections in the handmade object can be cherished.
Gold vermeil is an overlay of gold over a base of sterling silver and requires special care. To extend the life of your gold vermeil jewelry, remove when washing hands, showering, applying lotions or perfumes, using harsh cleansers, or working out. Always store your jewelry in a dry place, preferably in individual air-tight bags. Do not use chemical jewelry cleansers or polishing cloths on gold vermeil jewelry.
Gold vermeil jewelry will inevitably fade to a warm silver or a light 10K gold colour. This is the nature of plated jewelry. The rate of wear depends on care, climate and individual body chemistry, and may vary greatly on a case by case basis. As rings are worn on the hand, and are exposed to more frequent rubbing, they will often age more quickly than necklaces or earrings. We do not offer re-plating of our gold vermeil designs and all sales of gold vermeil jewelry are final.
Gold-filled jewelry is made by pressure bonding multiple layers of solid 14k gold over a core of high quality jeweller’s brass, resulting in a long-lasting, gold-coloured product. Contrary to popular belief, the gold in gold-filled jewelry is not mixed or blended with the base metal. As a result, those with brass allergies can typically wear gold-filled jewelry without issue. In theory, gold-filled items can retain their gold colour for decades. In practice, actual longevity will depend on how you care for your jewelry, the climate you live in and your body chemistry. We recommend following the same guidelines as you would for delicate jewelry - avoid contact with chemicals or soaps, and hand polish gently when required.